PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - David clark models compared 10-60, 10-30, 10-13.4, etc
Old 13th May 2019, 01:19
maxerion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow David clark models compared 10-60, 10-30, 10-13.4, etc

Yes, I did use the advanced search features, and I found a lot of generic "what headset should I buy" results and none offering direct contrast between any of these headsets. This is not intended to be a what should I buy thread.

I am specifically interested in experiences comparing the passive attenuation David Clark headsets or any advice on the target purpose of each model, especially 10-60, 10-13.4, and 10-30.
The flight school has a couple of 10-20 as loners and the flexible booms get floppy over time, so positioning the mic and keeping it in place are difficult.(when new they are convenient) Other than the boom issue, overall the 10-20 is adequate but I would like some input on these other three models.
The 10-30 boom seems robust and the price is nice, I have no info on the "M7/dc Electret" mic quality. Attenuation seems to be the highest of the model range by one or two dBl.
The 10-60 is 22ounces, the 10-13.4 only 16.5 ounces, both used the "M7/A" mic. 13.4 has a flex boom but it looks in the pictures to be larger diameter than the 10-20 flex boom. Overall attenuation is similar but the curves differ a small bit. My current set is 20 ounces and causes no noticeable fatigue, but I am accustomed to the weight of motorcycle helmets.

(IB: Yes I have tried several ANR they are interesting equipment, but not suited to my particular current needs. I like the DC OneX better than zulu3.)

Last edited by maxerion; 14th May 2019 at 01:39.