PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Raids Meatbombers.
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2003, 14:48
Dale Harris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry QNIM, maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. The APF, over the years , have attempted several times to deal with some alleged infractions of the rules by this operator, and some of them were simply jealousy and some were not. For several reasons, the matters that were fair dinkum, (and being in the industry for some time I was present at one), nothing came of any of them. maybe that was his good luck, maybe it was bad work of the APF's part. Sometimes, that's what happens when a self regulating organisation is "controlled" by the money it generates from it's own "membership" I know and have known several of the APF comittee, but just because one or two think something should be done doesn't mean the rest of the members do. The a/c you speak of however, may well have been operating on an IFR plan. There are/were approvals available for jumpers to enter and exit cloud on descent. I know not whether this operator has an approval for this. I would guess that the matters for which the police attended will have nothing to do with skydiving per se. They may well have simply been the means by which the APF conducted their business.