PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who Speaks for the Dead ?
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2019, 12:12
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
orca, I am eternally grateful to the 'someone else' who pm'd you and for you so graciously pulling stumps on our increasingly unproductive exchanges.

Your point about those who deliberately falsified records, of whatever rank, and then not being subject to the taking of a Summary of Evidence (or are those consigned now to the dustbin of history?) and possible CM, is well taken. We are repeatedly told that all are equal in the eyes of the law, even military law. Experience tells us that some are more equal than others, but here it seems all are more equal, at least at RAFAT.

My sole purpose was to point out that the MAA is implicated in the Reds SI but was not stated as such in the findings. As you say we do not know why and it is that very anomaly that creates doubt when all should be clarity.
It is important that Accident Investigation not only be uninhibited but be seen to be so. If the MilAAIB (or whatever) were truly independent of the MOD and MAA that would be more clearly the case in my view.

Thanks again for your placatory words, which I return in full.

My warmest regards,

Chug

PS, just read tuc's response to falcon900 to which I can only add "What he said!".

Last edited by Chugalug2; 12th May 2019 at 12:21. Reason: follow up to tucumseh