PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sheremetyevo Superjet 100 in flames
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2019, 22:38
737 Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Phantom Driver
Would be interesting to know to what extent compliance has taken place to date .
This training required reprogramming and validation of the simulators. In the past, Level D simulators were not required to replicate the full stall regime. BTW, this is not a "Boeing" thing. The FAA did not require it, so the sims were never designed to practice full stalls. Rather, we only practiced an approach to stalls and recovery. After AF447, the FAA changed the requirement to include full stall training as well as other elements of rarely seen flight characteristics.

In order to comply, the manufacturers had to collect the necessary flight test data and then the training devices needed to be programmed and modified. Apparently this is not just a matter of downloading a patch, and it took some time. The programming has now been completed on a number of our sims, and the EET training will be accomplished as pilots cycle through their normal training schedules.

737 Driver made an observation in another thread ( now locked ) about an F/O not being aware of the existence of a stowable handle on the 737 manual trim wheel . Maybe the guy hadn't bothered to listen in class , but nevertheless it was rather shocking , coming from ( presumably) a major US operator . Difficult to then point fingers at 3rd world training departments.
Sadly, this wasn't a one off case of someone not listening. This training had been neglected due to, in part, the constant pressure in the training regime to stuff 10 lbs (or kg's) of stuff in a 5 lbs sack. I have made my displeasure known. I foresee this deficiency being rectified in the near future.