PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luft takeover bid for Condor
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2019, 07:58
platespinner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BEA 71
I have travelled on Condor B 757 and A 320 a few times during the last six months. These were the first charter/low cost airline flights in some 40 years. The service, ground and in flight, was perfect, the 757s looked they had just been rolled out at Seattle. There was a bit of a " Lufti Spirit ", like it was in 1962, when I had my first flight on a Condor aircraft. I sincerely hope, for Condor, and their staff, that Lufthansa will be successful in their bid.

I agree BEA 71, the Condor long haul B767's are a very nice passenger experience to fly on, they were all recently refurbished, a top quality product for the long haul passenger, quality cabin service, 3 class cabin, just like a new plane.

Condor has a unique good quality product compared to the low cost Eurowings business model.

Without doubt, the Thomas Cook Group has suppressed Condor (and UK, Scandinavian airlines) in future new long haul fleet replacement (B787-9 or A330)

Historically, Thomas Cook management have been inept in making decisions for the future causing them to be where they are now.

Wishing all the group airlines employees a more secure future, whoever the new owners are.