PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Correct phraseology for “clear for the xxx approach”
Old 11th May 2019, 06:23
poldek77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here you are:

I cannot find AIP chart for this approach (I failed to register to on-line version), but we can compare the LIDO chart with the one published by Jeppesen (by the way the chart that you attached was revised last December).

The LIDO profile has that additional fix – D13.2. It is marked with white letter “D” in a black circle. According to Legend and Tables it depicts descent point for constant descent.

As I understand such fixes are calculated by LIDO to avoid ‘dive and drive’ approaches. FMS navigation database comes from another provider that’s why these waypoints are not coded in FMS and – as you described - VNAV commands earlier descent, for this approach right after passing RIMEX.

And back to your original question – I agree with the other responders, the phraseology used by ATC is correct, when you are cleared to 4000’ via STAR and for the approach as well you should follow the published profile to be at IAF at or above 4000’ and after RIMEX continue laterally and vertically as charted.
Hope it helps.