PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS Area frequencies and boundaries
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2003, 10:20
snarek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black Sparrow

This would certainly solve the problem RPT and large charter faces when operating around the smaller aircraft.
Yes, it would solve a problem for RPT, but create one for GA.

The average cost of buying a 'cheap' Txp is $2500. Installation is about $3000 because of stupid CASA requirements like 'drawings' and 'electrical load calculations' and 'CAR 35 approvals'.

Then add about $200 a year to maintain it and probably $1000 every 4 to repair it or its associated antenna.

So, who pays, RPT??? The Govt???

I personally doubt that compulsort transponders in E will get up, it isn't US NAS, so why the change. Either that or E will be limited to 8500 and it will be G below that unless 'on top' of a C.

FIS boundaries.

I hope no one thinks from my previous post that I support FIS boundaries on charts. I don't, i think they are dangerous. Going Tvl to Cns I change freqs just south of Dunk. That exposes me to traffic that has made calls on the Nth freq and is operating assuming i heard.

What I'd like to see is frequencies whereby I can monitor ops when I need to, ie parachute ops, gliding ops, high density IFR etc.

AK