PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger offloaded from Air NZ flight for ignoring safety briefing
Old 10th May 2019, 17:35
Planemike

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
givemewings..... Interesting to hear it from the point of view one who is "at the sharp end" and I don't mean in the cockpit...You seem to come at this from the point of view of a military officer rather than someone who is dealing with passengers who happen to be customers. You see the briefing as "non-optional": to you it is part of your job. You cannot force the pax to participate; they can only be encouraged to participate. As I have said I am just not comfortable with passengers being thrown off a/c when they pose no threat or are not actively hostile. I am even less happy trying to ban them from further flying. The aircraft is operated by an airline to provide a public service for all who can afford to buy a ticket. This is in contrast to a privately owned aircraft where the owner can say who comes on board.

I am sure you are polite, friendly and generally pleasant when "in work mode". I am sure too you have come across those who can be surly, supercilious and generally feel they are superior to those in their care. As to where I am from: Bolton England. Have travelled by air for both business and pleasure since 1952..... First flt: Airwork Viking, Blackbushe to Nairobi. Can fairly say I have seen a few changes along the way!! Some I like, many I don't...!!!

Last edited by Planemike; 10th May 2019 at 21:37.