PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Biafra
Thread: Biafra
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2019, 12:14
G-AHNL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
browndhc2
Thanks for the reply one of the pilots who was with Air Charter Ltd when I joined the company in 1958 was Eddy Roocroft at the time he was on B-170 fleet and later on the C-54 & ATL-98 until he was
retrained on the DC-6 with BUA & later stayed with the 6's when the where transferred to Air Ferry then followed them to Balair via Transavia hense Biafra, He later came back to BAF on the ATL-98 after the war ended
I am afraid he passed on some years ago. Another ex Air Charter pilot was Alex Nicholl who unfortunatly lost His life whilst flying C-97 N52676 on the 26.09.69 on approch to ULI Strip, One other person who I knew from my ACL days was Flight Engineer Jock Chisholm when I joined the company he was F/E on our C-54 fleet its a shame but I do not know what happened to him after the war ended.

I will now attach pictures of our DC-6 G-APNO during her busy life will follow up later with pictures of NP later. I hope you find them intresting'''.
G-APNO HCA LHR 1958

G-APNO HCA LHR 1958

G-APNO BUA DUSSELDORF

G-APNO BUA COCUS ISLANDS ENROUTE TO ADELAIDE

G-APNO AF BASLE.

G-APNO AF BIRMINGHAM.

HB-IBS BAIR BASLE

HB-IBS BAIR BASLE PRIOR TO DEP TO BIAFRA

HB-IBS / C-GIBS BAIR / CONAIR AFTER DELIVERY TO ABBOTSFORD BC. PRIOR TO CONVERSTION.

C-GIBS AFTER A REPAINT MID 90'S

C-GIBS JUST AFTER CONVERSTION ON STANBY AT ABBOTSFORD.

C-GIBS PARKED AT FAIRBANKS AROUND ONE MONTH AGO.