PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 10th May 2019, 02:18
harvs17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, what GIN has mentioned is regional airline and pilot contract specific. There is some disparity in Regional Airline pilot contracts. Contrary to what was referred to, I currently get four weeks vacation and average 16-18 days off per month. I’ve never had so much time off in my life. Using one week of vacation gave me 31 days off in a row in December and January. My per diem is $2.05 domestic and $2.60 international. That goes up to $2.15 and $2.70 respectively later in the year. My company pays for parking and 2 medicals a year including the EKG. My awarded schedule has never been changed unless I have changed it. If I have tomorrow off, I have tomorrow off; no junior manning or airport ready reserve. My uniform and luggage are fully paid for by the company as a new hire, and we get new uniforms and a selection of new luggage every year. Medical insurance has been great. I have never had any issues calling in sick and have never received so much as a phone call. I have also called off fatigued during trips and received full pay protection.
Yes, every airline and every pilot contract is different. Some of the E3 regionals have less than stellar pilot contracts and what GIN mentioned does exist. This is the reason some regionals are having trouble recruiting while others have full classes with a year wait list.