PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot skill assessment in simulators - Hit and miss
Old 9th May 2019, 23:39
machtuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gee Centy I was exhausted at just reading what you typed never lone fly it!:-) It's obvious that these types of assessments gives the operators plenty of opportunities to wash out someone, it's to their advantage it seems. Flying a jet is actually fairly basic it's all the BS that surrounds the task on a daily basis from unrealistic requirements from ATC to the usual commercial pressures that are placed subtilty on the pilots along with fatigue, that wonderful word that the Airlines dodge by way of making our regulator think they have it sorted with FRM procedures in place.
I recall in the 80's I was told I wasn't suitable to fly a popular twin turboprop by a well known Melb based operator, I didn't have the skills. Advance a few years and I am about to retire with 1000's of hrs multi turboprop & turbojet behind me, yep the word 'suitable' is very subjective!
It's an industry now that is nothing like it was all those years ago! I wish future pilots all the best, they'll need it for sure!:-)