PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation jobs T&C, employment/self employment & national laws
Old 9th May 2019, 21:21
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@2unlimited: If you read what I do write.... then you notice I said Emirates would be perfect if you could skip the living in Dubai thing (some pilots in Poland do not care an would like Emirates either way since you get wide-body, but as for me I would rather dream of 787 in LOT with base in Poland to fly wide-body even, with less salary). And the only reason it is not perfect is exactly Dubai. So I will not go there, I wish a base in Poland that is my home country.

As for Ryan Air I do not know how it is there but I can hardly imagine they do not pay the contract they sign. And the people who work for them that I met and know get paid their hours as it is in their contract, never heard anyone did not get paid for his block hours. And yes I heard a lot that you have to be good and follow exactly the SOP and landing when unstable on the approach can get you fired.... but its your and passengers security. You are not flying to have fun (having fun is like bi product of the job) you fly to make it as safe as possible. So being strict on SOP and safety means they are a serious company that value proficient pilots. At least in my eyes.

Well until now you were more "Bedreviter" about things than me I believe. I gave you even a link so you can see the salaries yourself. I do not claim to know anything about how it is in the airline the joy of commercial flying is still before me, but I tell you what I can read about the salaries and what I heard from people actually working there which is they pay what they sign and require the pilots to be proficient and maintain and improve their proficiency.