PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation jobs T&C, employment/self employment & national laws
Old 9th May 2019, 20:28
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@2unlimited: That is why I moved from Norway (happily its still legal without paying for moving out of Norway) because I did not like the terms and conditions of the country. The only difference is when you make a deal with a company you can pay a fine for breaking it even an extreme fine but the company can not put you in jail, while Norway is the sole country in the world that can put you in jail for speeding. For pilots it means end of career, that is why every pilot should know about it if they ever wish to visit Norway even as a tourist.

As for really believe, well if you do 900 hours then you get paid 148 050 Euro plus bonus for out of base or working on day off. I know 2 Ryan Air FOs very happy with the salary and I spoke with a Captain who said something about wages like that per hour but I did not ask if he get to fly 900 hours. Well if you do 800 hours you do still get 131 600 Euro per year..... 700 hours (is it close enough to the amount you like to fly per year?) is 115 150 Euro per year.... I can then accept unpaid waiting or unpaid fatigue leave if I manage to be proficient and good enough to one beautiful day become Captain (and I would be just as happy with lower salary in 787 for LOT). And paying 19 % tax with deductible car + deductible investments in other business (like aircraft for rent) etc. or non deductible fixed 9,5 % income tax.... instead of 32 %.

Its terms and conditions, I have not heard a Polish pilot say they pay bad at Ryan Air so check again maybe you find something nicer in Poland than an old flat in Warszawa, maybe a house in the country side. Then you will not write that no one deserve to pay low tax as self employed if you will benefit yourself.