PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lion Air in the news again
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2019, 12:42
ROW_BOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes it's shocking, and no doubt a revelation to many Westerners who think of Asians as 'polite' and 'non-confrontational'. But anyone who has worked in an Asian company will certainly either know of, or have personally experienced nasty abusive behaviour from them. Asian society is built on strict authoritarianism, and those in authority aren't used to being told 'No'. They like to regularly remind their 'juniors' of the power they have over them, and they can get away with almost anything (as you see in that video). There are very few legal controls on them, unlike in the civilsed West.

I myself have been physically threatened and verbally abused by two Flight Ops 'managers' in a major airline (which is currently in a state of imminent collapse). They didn't like it when I refused to be bullied into signing an illegal document. The short arsed Chinese DFO confronted and advanced on me with threatening body language and made verbal threats to me - backed up by his halfwit henchman (a Brit, believe it or not). His best line was 'this is how we do it in ASIA!'.

It's really sick that people with these low standards are put in positions of power. They are the dregs of the industry.
So yes, verbal abuse and physical threat is indeed how they do it in Asia. Know what to expect if you go there.

Last edited by ROW_BOT; 9th May 2019 at 12:54.