PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines pilot arrested
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2019, 03:20
Dog Star

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Seems to happen a lot at MAN. Something special about the night life maybe?

I've been in the business a few years now night stopping in the UK everywhere from Scatsta in the Shetland Islands to Guernsey in the Channel Islands. In the UK I've been based in GLA, BHX, LGW and MAN. Not bragging but internationally I've been based in PHL, LAS, KEF, AMS, MXP, ICN, VTE, MNL, SIN, as well as Malaysia and Japan. Night stopped many, many other places.

NOWHERE in the world have I seen a more virulent form of unpleasant, in your face security (reserved for air crew) than at MANCHESTER, UK. The recruiting seems to be from local ethnic communities in the notorious Moss Side of Manchester's teaming inner city. These folks would like nothing more than to add you as the latest feather in their cap. Air Crew beware!!!

To answer the question above there isn't much nightlife in Manchester, it's a god-awful boring place unless you're a Man U player or a MAN security guard about to drop a western air crew member in a pile of deep kimchi.

(BTW while enjoying a bevy or two myself at times we must agree that it is long past the bygone days when it was acceptable to drink hard and fly hard. The world wars are behind us, fly sober - completely sober)