PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2003, 04:06
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi again everyone.

Just to update yo as to how the meeting went. It was very well attended, with lots of apologies sent as well. The only plus with that is that if everyone who had said they were attending actually had, we wouldn't have all got in the room! About thirty attended, with some 20 being unable to get there.

So, what did we all talk about?

Firstly, a huge thank you and vote of support was made for the Mull of Kintyre Group chair - James Arbuthnot MP. He has worked tirelessly both in and out of the House.

A point was raised regarding the recent unanimous vote by the Church of Scotland General Assembly. You may recall that they were going to write to the MoD to ask that the slur of negligence be removed. Well, in May of next year, the General Assembly will, again, review the Chinook crash issue, and perhaps be a little more vocal with their concerns.

Further action within Parliament was discussed and I have asked for another Early Day Motion (Parliamentary Petition) on the Chinook crash. This will give us the opportunity to write to our MPs and the MoD to again express our concerns over the safety of the verdict. So dust off your keyboards and get the Fax Your MP link ready again.

Why another EDM some of you may ask. Well it's vitally important that our MPs are constantly reminded of this injustice and that they are tasked with doing something about it. Both the MoD and the MPs need to know we are not going to go away. Arkroyal - I recall what happened with your MP last time (still makes me chuckle!). To save you time, I have just checked and to date he has signed 38 EDMs

Very sad to think that next June is the tenth anniversary of the accident, and this injustice has been allowed to go on for so long. Let's see if we can resolve this prior to then.

I'm sorry the campaign has been quiet of late. We haven't, we've just not been quite so loud. Time to make amends!

I will, of course, keep you all updated.
Once more dear friends!!

Brian
"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook