PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - return of pay2fly programs?
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2019, 10:32
putrajbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zloi
there is no evidence only good pilots wait for a job and bad pilots fly, it can be viceversa

All my money I spent for flying I earned myself or borrowed in banks.

I'm not afraid of it because I already proved I'm a good pilot and my company knows I'm good and can rely on me. In case I need to find another pilot job I will be able to prove my theoretical and practical knoweldge based on my experience.

Also, to find a pilot job in EU having a Russian passport I had to go through a lot of paperworks to get a work permit which took me about 4 months, and I have to renew it every 2 years + some additional stuff I have to pay for which regular EU person even don't know (insurance for my children, other paperworks and so on). So when some EU resident who has free access to the whole Europe job market tells me he cannot find a job - I cannot do anything just laugh.

Exactly, it's growing and changing and it's a market with its own demands. 10 years ago companies paid for TR due to lack of pilots, now there are a lot of them. Don't be a dinosaur like taxi drivers against Uber. To get a good job you need to prove you're good. How can you do that without experience? Why you didn't ask company to pay for your PPL training?
zloi, everybody pays for the studies first. but airlines are winning big on pilots' shoulders through P2F. from my point of view you're just trying to justify the your own actions but it's not working. to pay for LT or hours package is creating an unbalance between employer and amployee. And you're promoting unequal screening and working conditions.

And it's not true, that P2F students undergo the same procedures in a screening. Much easier to get onto right seat if not guaranteed. But is it safe for passengers and everybody else involved in operation? Doubt that. I guess there's a high number of undisclosed incidents / accidents invoked by P2F garbage.

​​​​​

​​​​