PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas direct JFK and Heathrow
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2019, 05:08
Capt Colonial

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dragon man
I feel that we have lost our way a bit in this thread. I was hoping for thoughts on crewing numbers eg I don’t think four crew is enough,rest facilities, crew toilet, additional pay, restrictions on the number of trips a bid period etc.
Well Yes, those are the major and very important concerns, Dragon Man.

However, if what Mohikan advises “that AIPA have not been in specific negotiations over the new type and discussions to date have only been of a general nature” Then I wonder, is this Qantas spinning the media or trying for some industrial leverage against its Pilot Group as a bargaining period approaches?

Mohikan stated: “I confirmed this with a COM member today. He did concede that it’s possible that Joyce is setting up AIPA as a patsy so he can then use the Jetconnect pilot group to crew the 'Sunrise' aircraft, although this is the less likely scenario”

I called one of the Pilots in the QPA. They said they have not had detailed talks either. So, it would appear to be a media or industrial exercise by Qantas management perhaps?

However, you are quite correct. The whole Longhaul Pilot group will need to be consulted regarding Project Sunrise by either representative body and certainly, I don’t expect that process will be a short-term exercise given the alleged errors created in EBA9.