PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-5
Thread: Jet2-5
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2019, 12:10
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BHX/STN

Originally Posted by irishlad06

It should swap back out in the next couple of days back to a “new” aircraft.
With BHX migrating now fully to old aircraft but Stansted in general all new (except Titan of course) is there a specific reason for this. I understand the reasoning behind earlier explanations and that the new aircraft with SFP might be better served at NCL, LBA and the Scottish bases where a lot of the destinations are further (e.g. The Canaries) but I was wondering why the remaining new aircraft were not split between say 25/75 or 50/50 between BHX & STN?

It goes without saying Jet2 has a huge competitor at Stansted and basically they don't have anywhere near as much competition at BHX (no slight on TUI who have a fabulous schedule this summer from BHX) and I wonder if that was some other reasoning such as internal accounting if most of the BHX aircraft were now owned or is it to ensure the new aircraft are at STN to give it the best opportunity for on time departures (less likely to go tech) thus ensuring they compete on all levels or be better than the competition? I realise it won't be for the passengers benefit as all Jet2 aircraft as we are frequently told are immaculate inside and they wouldn't have a clue if they were flying a 1 year old aircraft or 18 year old one.

Pete