PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Avmed – In my opinion, a biased, intellectually dishonest regulator
Old 6th May 2019, 05:26
SCPL_1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aroa, I understand what you are trying to articulate, however we stand the risk of just being
seen to "vent" and tire biting with out accurately stating the issue and avoiding "steam".

Your entire last post could be summarized with just part of your last post.
"CAsA (has) NO oversight and has become a Law unto Itself."

My limited understanding is that the legislation of CASA is decided by Parliament and it will take
a majority of politicians to support the disbanding of CASA and making the changes to bring into
comparison with the efficiency and simplicity of the FAA.

The first thing that has got to go is that word "Safety", its a subterfuge for an unlimited expense account
billed to the pockets of everyone in Aviation with destructive financial consequences to the Australia economy.

Its a psychological and economical cancer or millstone that destroys the aviation industry and the damage done is
often permanent.

Take the slow but sure destruction of rural airports and the habit of changing "landing fees".
If the politicians had to pay a fixed charge of paying $25 for stopping at their local gas station
then they might just get the message.

Its the old story, absolute power corrupts absolutely, and its that total lack of accountability
that further encourages endless escalation of their abuse of power.

I hear AOPA is now working on bringing change to CASA.
Would anyone like to pick up this ball?