PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation jobs T&C, employment/self employment & national laws
Old 6th May 2019, 02:01
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@2unlimited: You are writing about consequences of abuse of alcohol, drugs (some are more, a lot are less addictive but its not the point).... you name it. So the point is that all of this is happening even as the stuff is illegal just its totally out of control and gives money only to mafia and cartels while making all the stuff that happen in South America possible. Just like the stuff that happened in US in the 20s and still all the alcohol problems maybe went even worse because the addicts became criminals. And a criminal who is already a criminal might feel its no problem to commit more crime since he already is a criminal so... nothing to lose for the criminal.

Of course the cartels will not give away their billions in profits so they will pay money to fire up politicians to say what you are saying and try to avoid discussing the reality that it does not work to make stuff illegal because the people who want to do it will still do it. But if a state decide to legalize everything then cartels are done just like alcohol mafia in the US there is nothing they can do they are finished. As for destroyed lives I have of course seen them in Poland but actually alcoholics I have seen got more destroyed lives than some "drug" smokers I have met but it is not the point.

The point is: You are mixing up stuff people do that is criminal with the use of different substances. The point is that because some people become criminals why shall extreme amounts of non criminals suffer in South America, cartels blossom and other people get their freedom infringed (not that I care about that freedom, but who will say freedom is being infringed when the likes of MDG forbid flying for example? If we allow everything we do not like to be forbidden). Its much better to put those criminals in jail who do all the other stuff you wrote about and in jail they can not drink or use/smoke drugs so they will get sober. But because some people can not cope with being free why should everyone have their freedoms taken away. Its like they did in US and made alcohol illegal because some people could not drink.... certainly it did not work. As I said in an extreme case it would be like if we all were to be castrated because some men are rapists.... certainly if everyone got castrated there would be no rapists but its like punishing all the people for the deeds of some few. And in case of drugs or alcohol its fueling mafias and cartels and criminals.

Oh and for the new drugs.... who would design them? If everything was legal why would criminals design anything if they would not earn money from it. See case solved no more new drugs since there would be no point in creating them (trying to avoid the law).

You misunderstand the concept of freedom, the freedom means you are not to be punished for actions of other people. Its just as simple that if your neighbor have a dog and teach it to be aggressive then why should your dog be shot because its of the same race as the neighbors dog? Not much better to put neighbor in jail for what he commanded his dog to do than punish everyone else. The same goes for guns, why shall everyone get his rights infringed because some few peoples actions. And the worst criminals will have guns either way like Breivik did in Norway or like those who shot at people in France etc.

And as you see all the stuff you write about is happening right now so the regulations help only the mafia. And I do not know why you believe that suddenly people who are intelligent today would go completely crazy and start doing drugs because they were legalized. Its all about educating people and if things are legal then children will not be able to buy it like from a dealer who do not care how old the buyer is. And those who wish to do drugs will do them either way but like it is now the regulations are only helping the criminals and making a hell in South America.

You will see in the future I already see politicians all over the world who do not get paid by lobbyists from cartels realize that the war on drugs can not be won just like the war on alcohol.... so legalizing will be the lesser evil and destroy all the cartels. More and more politicians understand that its only the mafia who benefit and maybe there would be even less drug abusers if it was legalized..... because children below 18 years old would not be able to start doing drugs (plus a LOT harder punishment for people who buy alcohol or other things to minors, the punishment today is laughable).

As for flying I will have to see how it is myself with those 900 hours before I can tell you for sure. But as I have seen for example Ryan Air roster with 5 on, 4 off + holidays I do believe it gives more days off per year than a normal job.