PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Ireland SAIL
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2019, 13:47
2unlimited

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The irony in the hatred of SAIL by some, which is understandable to a certain degree, that SAIL's operations probably gives the flexibility so they can increase the fixed roster pattern from 40 to 60% in SAS mainland, as the operations are intertwined.

However of course the solution should have been pushing for more people being employed by SAS mainland, guaranteeing more people a fixed roster pattern, but the way it is stuck now it's impossible, as nobody in their right mind with experience would apply to SAS with their current seniority system.

So by protecting the few, before 40%, now increased to 60%, it does in my opinion not solve SAS issues long term. As explained unless before you may risk being on Flexible roster for many years to come, and that in my opinion is unsustainable for lifestyle.

SAIL covers a market/network that SAS would have been operating on anyway, it means they needed to recruit many more crews, why did SAS decide it was not operational feasible to do this trough SAS main company?
You can't expand your route network by only recruiting First Officers that are friends or family of current SAS Captains, and who are willing to accept low start pay, flexible work pattern which may or may not change in 3 - 4 or more year, depending on how many people in base will be moving on.

So all in all SAS are their own enemy in this, truth is that from what I understand lots of SAIL crew have been getting improved conditions and perks since they originally started SAIL.
Questions should be asked when it works with SAIL but not with SAS. It works with Ryanair and easyJet the same, all have larger fleets then SAS. And from what I understand also offering better TC's then SAS, that's what surprised me the most.