PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is the grass really greener? Perspectives from an escapee.
Old 5th May 2019, 10:58
CxEx2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back to the original point of this whole thread. I used to work at this airline as an s/o and have left. Like someone else has posted previously the grass
is more or less the same but the main thing is I’m living where I want to be and have a good lifestyle and actually enjoy the challenges of flying in a window seat again.

When I say that the grass is more or less the same I am saying that there’s always going to be people complaining about rosters and time off ect. But it’s nice to be in the flight deck talking about normal things as opposed to how awful the company is ect.

Regarding the p2x time I was surprised how much the airline I am now at regarded the so time and it
will count, if you like for company requirements for command ect however in terms or the relevant authority I am not sure they will “count” these hours toward ATPLl or maybe they will count half of it.

Regarding logging I logged the time in my home logbook as block to block and specified that it was SO time.

Finally to anyone considering moving on, I definitely do not regret my decision to move on and am thoroughly enjoying life in my home country.