PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2019, 06:54
3Greens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GS-Alpha
I don’t think anyone wants everything now, and you’re wrong, being junior under JSS is not the same as being junior under bidline back when you or I were junior. Not even close.
how so then? Because your post made me doubt myself so I had a look at my logbook from 1999 when I joined. Seems very similar actually. Every weekend worked. 4 reserves a year. 790 hours. And 5 east coasts a month the norm. Few months with
5 trips and two sims.
Took me about 3 years to achieve a couple of weekends a month off. Average hours were maybe a tad less I grant you that. But not a huge amount.
We ahve only had 4 JSS months so I’d say it’s too early to make a massive call on it. Although, I’m not sure I agree with you when you say there’s a massive difference in what the junior are doing now. I think we tend to look back on careers with rose tinted glasses. As said above, a quick trawl on iBid of the last year reveals quite a few lines with 6 trips due FA on them.
i do however think there needs to be a limit on work done though. 5 LH 3 month is probably the limit imo. Unfortunately, BA have found they can sweat the assets so I don’t see it changing soon.

Last edited by 3Greens; 5th May 2019 at 07:12.