PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia pushes back Boeing 737 MAX order
Old 4th May 2019, 20:41
Cloud Cutter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SIUYA
FFS......THREAD DRIFT GOING COMPLETELY OUT-OF-CONTROL.

If you experts want to continue your discussion on 737MAX crash dynamics which in your view involve, crew, trim, pilot error, stab, speed trim, whatever ……….can you do so on another thread please?

This one is titled "Virgin Australia pushes back Boeing 737 MAX order"

Can we leave it at that please?

Before I get savaged in typical PPRuNe fashion, 'YES" I am type-rated and experinced on 737 (200 through 800, but not MAX), and 'YES" I am a qualified AND experienced aircraft accident investigator.

Some of you are posting good stuff on the MAX 'issues', but those comments are NOT relevant to this thread.

Start a new one please.
I did pause to reflect on this before posting a response, but 1) I’m sick of professional pilots feasting off their recently deceased colleagues, and 2) the reasoning behind the deferral of aircraft orders seems at least partly relevant, in the absence of any substantial comment directly relating to the thread topic.

Moving back to the original topic, this is a positive commercial move for VA. Fuel prices have dropped substantially since the initial order, and the much higher capital outlay for the Max 8 is no longer balanced by fuel savings to the same extent. The 10 seems a better prospect assuming the price is right, which I’m picking it is. I’d suggest that timing may finally have worked in VA’s favour.