PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is the grass really greener? Perspectives from an escapee.
Old 4th May 2019, 16:06
a334

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all

Based on what i've been able to find out, an SO at CX isn't actually type rated, and the hours you log can only be counted as P2X time...

What on earth is P2X time in the rest of the world? From what i've read P2X time is something only found in HK logbooks made specifically for companies like CX.

I am currently sitting at 270 hours and i'm waiting to receive interview dates for the direct entry SO position. I am trying to wrap my head around why exactly SO P2X time is completely useless. Does it not count towards your total time at least? So let's say I hypothetically fly 700 hours in my first year as an SO and that's all P2X time, how would I log that in my Canadian logbook? Would I not technically have 970 hours total time at the end of the first year?

I would imagine that an SO that has logged say 2000 hours P2X time must have some sort of use with those hours elsewhere in the world, or does no one in the world recognize P2X time and that's why it's useless?