PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2019, 12:21
double_barrel

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by The96er
This all sounds and embellished to me, especially when you resort to calling somebody a 'witch'. The Supervisor you referred to would also have been from the same handling agent. KL/AF only have a couple of their own employees at MAN who wouldn't get involved with issues like that.
It is true that I was not there, but I was intermittently on the end of the phone in real time and I think it is a pretty accurate account. It was an astonishing outburst which I did hear parts of. It is certainly an objective fact that she spent over 20 minutes at the checkin desk being told something that was untrue and having her attempts to provide additional information dismissed.

I stand corrected on the affiliation of the supervisor, but subsequently at the gate she was directed by that same person to someone that she understood to be a KLM person who was given a colorful account of the situation. She may have been mistaken over who was employed by who.

Originally Posted by The96er
EK do not employ their own Check-in staff either, this is handled by Dnata, who, although are owned by the same grouping, are none the less still accountable to the airline and have themselves been subjected to an improvement notice by EK on at least one occasion that I know of.

The only airline that employ their own check-in staff at MAN are Jet2.
Thanks, I stand corrected. I received excellent treatment at the EK checkin a day or 2 later and had the (obviously wrong) impression that they were EK staff.

(can you shed any light on the need to carry soft bags to a separate belt after checking them in? I cannot recall that being required anywhere else for a long time)