PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 Max Software Fixes Due to Lion Air Crash Delayed
Old 3rd May 2019, 11:13
GordonR_Cape

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATC Watcher
rubik101
Absolutely true. I had already mentioned something this a few times on the other thread as human factors are a big part of the cause of these 2 accidents . Some tend to forget that in AF447 , at least 2 of the 3 were highly experienced on the A330 and all 3 trained to good standards at the time . They made lots of errors yes, , but your sentence above fits part the sequence of events of that flight.
Just to clarify that we are on the same page about the role of human factors: My interpretation is that the pilots failed because they were imperfect, and the system failure set them up, so that several less than perfect choices led to a fatal outcome.

Somewhat off-topic, but I was reminded of this last week while watching an old-quiz show. The utter confusion in the minds of the contestants is obvious, and anyone who already knows the answer can't believe that they get the answer wrong. This inability to infer the complex mental state of another person frequently underlies these discussions, particularly the "just fly the aircraft" comments.