PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any Caravelle pilots?
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2019, 12:19
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
Lovely elegant aeroplane but very noisy. I saw a Swiss Caravelle deploy the chute on what was 28L , I dont know why as i saw it from a sort of head on position in my teenage spotting days , brightened the day up . I imagine there was some emergency involved as fire trucks appeared and it 'deployed ' the FO from a cockpit window for a look around once it had stopped.

The Aer Lingus remark also took me back as i say a 737 on short final to the same runway start a go around but then immediately banked hard left into a 360 circle over Bedfont way and rejoin as though it was a Cessna 152 . It was Sunday afternoon and LHR was relatively quiet at the time so I assume someone was slow to vacate and there was no one behind the 73, can't see that working today .

Going back to the Caravelle I never had the pleasure of a trip on one with their nifty triangular windows (an alternative solution to comet problems one supposes) but ti didnt look as it would be a lot of fun with an engine failure right after take off, that was putting lot of trust and weight on one Avon I used to think