PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Ireland SAIL
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2019, 20:57
172_driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
172: Not saying DEC will solve SAS problems, just trying to explain why SAIL came to life.
When they hire 6 danish guys from a flight school in Roskilde owned by 2 SAS Captains, one was his son, and they clearly state only type rated pilots should apply.
Nepotism or not, I don't know... can't comment.

However if you keep having random rosters every month, unable to plan anything ahead, that seems to be pretty crap in my opinion.
What I struggle to see is how they managed to offer SAIL 5/4, but SAS Scandinavia have not managed to get something like this ?
They claim SAIL has a fixed route network and 5/4 suits that, SAS is more variable and they need flexible pilots. What SAS calls flexibility, the pilots call intervention in personal life.

​​​​​​​I think it’s out of order to criticise the SAIL Pilots, I have worked with some and they are all great guys, this is not their fight and they can’t legally do anything.
I understand that, hence I added they're contractually obliged to keep working. It's mildly offensive however when ZAV seem to think SAIL is the saviour that keeps this airline in business.