PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Ireland SAIL
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2019, 20:02
2unlimited

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If they did that they would be breaking the law, and I am pretty sure the union would not support them when they get contracts terminated.

172: Not saying DEC will solve SAS problems, just trying to explain why SAIL came to life.
When they hire 6 danish guys from a flight school in Roskilde owned by 2 SAS Captains, one was his son, and they clearly state only type rated pilots should apply.

And Klaus in recruitment team when confronted with the facts replies with a smiley face, than it shows a rotten system. Did not impress me much.

However if you keep having random rosters every month, unable to plan anything ahead, that seems to be pretty crap in my opinion.
What I struggle to see is how they managed to offer SAIL 5/4, but SAS Scandinavia have not managed to get something like this ?

After getting a home base, the fixed roster pattern is probably one of the most important things I have got with the job.

I think it’s out of order to criticise the SAIL Pilots, I have worked with some and they are all great guys, this is not their fight and they can’t legally do anything.
I am sure nobody in SAS Scandinavia would risk their own job and family life in similar situation.