PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 max returning to service ?
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2019, 18:35
yanrair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by laxman
Reading through these posts has been painful for this MAX qualified pilot but since this is a public board, and many non-fliers are making comments and contributions that defy reason and logic, that are coming from an emotional basis, and one not based upon any experience or knowledge, I should not be surprised.
Hi there Laxman
You are the man who should be taking on these outlandish comments!. Presumably you have the knowledge from having flown the Max to put things into a proper perspective. I have been surprised by the lack of comment from those who actually fly the Max but presumed they were keeping their heads down.
I flew 707s 737 200/400/800 NG and was airtest pilot on them in UK and at Boeing. Not 707 - only a boy then, but did 5000 hours on 707. And I would regard my comments as not unreasonable but yes, there are comments on this forum from persons who don't fly, and I actually find them helpful in that one can see what I don't see - the view of the general public.
In this case, or these two cases, it is apparent that the public as represented by the majority of postings have judged the Max as a death trap. I don't think so. But I could be wrong and it would be great to hear from someone who has been trained to fly them.
Happy flying
Y