PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Direct Entry Second Officer
Old 1st May 2019, 10:52
petrichor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by a334
Don't pay too much attention to what you read here... there is some truth to it but I realized that you have to really sift through the BS to actually find out the bad parts. There's no perfect company out there, and I can think of many, many complaints about other companies from people in person, or on other forums. You might as well say that all companies out there are bad in some way, shape, or form.

Take this forum for what it is, like all forums and look at the positives. I have been on countless forums for various different topics and everything is always gloom and doom and somebody always has something bad to say or complain about... it's truly annoying and gets really tiring
334 - True..ish words. Always take the positives and work on that but don't ignore all the negative sentiment you read on FH forums. Although there's a lot of bs on there from some angry people, some of it is justified, so use your own ethos and pragmatism of "life is a box of chocolates". Make sure you don't come here, sign a contract and then find out that it's not what you expected only to join the army of angry entitled millenials who expect industrial action to effect improvements on the ****ty contract they signed. Take the job if you feel it's right for you, once here, enjoy all that HK has to offer. Once the **** bucket outweighs the happiness bucket, leave. There are NO 1st world labour laws here, it is an employer driven economy so please bear that in mind too.

Best of luck.