PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook-2
Thread: Thomas Cook-2
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2019, 09:38
USERNAME_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dc9-32
Flew STN-ACE on 15th April, prepaid for legroom seats based on their A320 seat plan. On the flight date however, the aircraft was an A321 as the Smartlynx A320 was not ready to be based at STN. Crew gave me a card and told me to write in and complain. Whilst in ACE, I contacted TCX to ensure seats were correct for the return as I was advise by the crew that the A321 would be operated again. TCX told me I had purchased normal seats based on their seat plan and had simply no understanding that when I booked, the seat plan was an A320 and that now when looking, the seat plan is an A321. The upshot is, TCX were not interested and told me to pay again for leg room seats if I wanted them and they would refund me the original seats. I did this but it cost me £50 instead of the original £20 (for 2 seats).

Travelling TCX STN-CFU in September for my wedding so I hope they don't screw up again.....
Smartlynx are doing nothing but cause problems for TCX at the minute, fingers crossed it's sorted for your trip in September.

In other news (MAYBE SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC), https://www.transat.com/en-CA/corpor...eleases/124217 Air Transat has announced it is up for sale, considering they work closely with Thomas Cook already, who are also controversially up for sale, anybody else think there could be a tie-up with the Fosun group pulling the two together, much like Sunwing/TUI?