PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation jobs T&C, employment/self employment & national laws
Old 1st May 2019, 00:34
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@2unlimited: I will search for some of the insurance information that you ask about when I have time, I thought you wanted the name of insurance companies who offer that and wanted to check yourself the prices. The insurance is insurance in case you are sick and cover the loss of income while you are sick, if fatigue makes you unable to fly and the doctor will confirm it then it will also be paid as if you were sick. If you are not sick then you would not get paid even in Norway since you still need to get the doctor to actually check that you are sick. No one will pay you sick pay if you have no document from a doctor.

-You are medical insured already in Poland when self employed just as if you were employed since you still pay ZUS and have the right to use public hospitals, so the medical insurance you need is to use the private clinics who are better and its 399 PLN (less than 100 euro) per month: https://www.luxmed.pl/dla-pacjentow/...lych-i-dzieci/ its the cream of the crop and you even get private dentist included in the price if you need it (not even in Norway does the state give you dentist for your tax money).

-Private retirement pension its like 100 different companies that offer different schemes. I would advise you to make your investments and your very own private pension so put away money in the bank or on a fund like Skagenfondene etc. and when you get enough money buy an aircraft that you can rent, then another one, or you can buy flats/houses in Poland that you can rent but they are not as profitable as aircraft you can rent to flight schools for example or to people who wish to hour build. But if you want someone to do it for you then it depends on you how much you want to save for pension and what you expect to get. The pension you would get from ZUS if you were employed not as company would be some peantus either way so you are not missing anything when being employed as a company.

-And separate insurance a for total loss of license, I will check the price I remember to have seen an insurance company insuring you for 1 million euro in that catastrophic event of losing the medical license totally and forever. And this was even not very expensive of course you must give them you medical records so they can assess the risk. And the insurance sum get lower the older you get so they will not give you 1 million euro if you are like 60 years of age and got 5 left of commercial flying (except as FI since FIs can fly even past 65 with students) when losing the medical license forever.

-As for the price for private school for 1 child I have absolutely no idea since I have no children but I can check. Either way employed or not you get for free the national school so once again the employed ones do not get any benefit vs the company employed.

As for me LOT started with the new system to be more competitive on..... salary. Because now they can offer higher salaries to their pilots not having to pay ZUS and the pilots get a higher netto salary since they pay much lower tax and the minimum ZUS. The pilots lose nothing compared to being employed while they get more money. So maybe they did it to compete on salary with Wizz Air and Ryan Air I do not know. But pilots earn more than they would otherwise and they do not miss out on any social security from the state. They can still use national hospitals and still use national schools as if they were employed directly. The only think they miss is a peanuts retirement pension from ZUS when the get 65 years old and retire.

And once again its legal in Poland its the same scheme as doctors, plumbers, carpenters and everyone else working for single private company in Poland can get. And what dump working conditions..... I just explained to you they got better terms a higher salary both total and netto salary.

As for Ryan Air I can understand that people are not happy if they work for them as employee having to pay tax and in a high cost nation with high taxes. Their salary is maybe lower than NAS etc. But NAS have no base in Poland neither for employees or private contracts. And Ryan Air captain salary or NAS captain salary can not be compared to legacy carrier like Lufthansa where you have to maybe be FO for 20 years before you get captain. So ofc Lufthansa will pay more but how many years of work do the captain have left with the Lufthansa captain salary? And how many spots do they even have for fresh pilots at such legacy carriers like Lufthansa or KLM? Either way I did actually not hear any instructor at my school say it was their dream job in Lufthansa, KLM, BA they would rather go to Emirates actually.

Personally I prefer to have a base in Poland and actually as far as I know every single airline offer self employed contract in Poland (with exception of that strange Wizz Air contract both for employees and company employees trough Switzerland) LOT, Ryan Air, Enter Air, Sprint Air. And LOT are the only airline that also have wide-body aircraft for their more experienced pilots but recently they offer it also to direct entry pilots from outside the company who got proper experience (since it showed up some captains on the short haul fleet did not wish to be FO again on 787).

Either way the point is: that being employed in Poland give you literally nothing so pilots should rather press for higher salaries and terms into their self employment contracts. Like for example that LOT guarantee payment for minimum 45 flight hours per month no matter if you fly so many or not (of course if you fly more you get paid more) and all of this on a self employment contract without having to go the way around the state and paying extra taxes for.... nothing.