PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation jobs T&C, employment/self employment & national laws
Old 30th Apr 2019, 21:54
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@2unlimited: Insurance companies get money from people who insure themselves. Imagine that most people are not sick all the time.... Just as cars do not crash all the time but people still pay for the insurance. Oh and Prudential for example is an insurance company that is worldwide not only for Poland, many other insurance companies that are worldwide insure people in Poland.

So tell me how do you think a state can pay social security for the people in exchange for tax income if the state have to also pay for politicians, state administration, collection of the tax, building fancy toilets etc. itd. magic? No actually the state take a lot more tax than an insurance company have to get paid since it only have to insure people and make a little profit for itself. Insurance is and will always be cheaper than an insurance through tax. Oh and insurance actually care how much you insure yourself for, unlike the state that give the same deal to everyone no matter how much tax they pay. So for example a SAS or NAS captain in Norway have to pay much more than a factory worker in tax but he get a worse deal from the state since factory worker get 100 % sickness pay (since he do not earn more than 6G) while the captain get 50 % all the time when the captain actually paid a lot more tax from the income above 6G....... It does not require more than a little logic to understand that insurance companies offer a better deal for a lower price (since they do not have the expenses a state have and do not have to pay for people who are not insured).

As for Ryan Air Sun I do know the reality and it is an employment on the same company deal as LOT does use that is local Polish employment as company according to Polish law (no Ireland, no Switzerland no complicated scheme). Same stuff as everyone from doctors to plumbers working for private companies in Poland can use. I actually spoke with an FO who works there (and is ATPL theory lecturer in free time) and I also spoke with a captain who works there. The same deal is present at Enter Air and Sprint Air from what I heard.

By the way how are pilots in Emirates or other places employed? I believe also as companies since they do not have to pay tax (or pay very low tax)..... still people travel all the way to Dubai to get such a deal and you say its bad for everyone..... Well why do they travel and work there then, its not like its entry level job to fly wide-body they are actually experienced pilots going there.... and in Poland I never heard any instructor (already flying in airlines) say he dream of Lufthansa or KLM but I heard some say Emirates would be perfect.

Last edited by KT1988; 30th Apr 2019 at 22:12.