PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who Speaks for the Dead ?
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2019, 19:55
Chugalug2

Received 223 Likes on 70 Posts
HS. The seat that killed Sean Cunningham lacked a Safety Case. It was unairworthy, hence his aircraft was too. Just how up to date an example of lack of airworthiness do you want? The ACO gliding fleet was grounded because such basic and simple aircraft were unairworthy. Other than a few exceptions (total rebuilds?) that remains the case today. This is a direct result of ignoring the specific warnings and predictions itemised by tucumseh.

I stand by what I say. The RAF is dishonoured by the cover up perpetrated by its High Command of illegal and reckless acts by certain of their predecessors. It is compromised by the lack of airworthiness infecting its fleets. No matter how dedicated and resolute the present generation of those mandated to provide for and maintain UK Military Airworthiness are, they have been handed a poison chalice. Any system or aircraft has to have an unbroken verified audit trail to justify a claim of airworthiness. The examples I give failed that test. What else is waiting to reveal the same?

Airworthiness not only has to be done, it has to be seen to be done. When Regulator and Operator become one then that is no longer the same. Regulator, Investigator, and Operator have to be separate and independent of each other to ensure both confidence and transparency. Until that happens no amount of hard work and dedication will suffice. Those who manned your desks in the late 80s were just as dedicated. They were simply replaced by those who did as they were bid. If it happened then it can happen again. There is nothing special about today, it is simply tomorrow's yesterday.

Last edited by Chugalug2; 30th Apr 2019 at 20:09.