PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SmartLynx
Thread: SmartLynx
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2019, 14:42
whistling turtle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why don't you go back and read what I wrote before instead of ranting like an idiot. You don't seem to understand how ACMI charter companies work. They have more contracts in the summer than in the winter so that means less flying or even no flying at times in the winter. Equally Smartlynx did a lot of flying in 2018 so a lot of the aircraft were getting C checks in the winter. Like most other companies out there they are short of instructors so needless to say that causes delays with line training. When I joined them years ago I was waiting about 3 or 4 months after the type rating to get called for line training. With other people it took longer. I've had friends in other companies wait 6 months or more.
Make no mistake about it when you work for an airline you are there to serve the airline and not the other way around. It's not a flying school.
I don't really care if people join Smartlynx or not, it makes no difference to me.
If someone wants to work all the year on a 5/4 roster then they should go join Ryanair.
As for BAA cadets I'd imagine that they are bottom priority in getting online as they are joining the company with no previous experience
The fact is the company is growing each year and they have a high turnover of pilots. Also the summer season is starting They are short of pilots and need more.
Deal with it.