PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2019, 11:58
asdf1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Security queues

Originally Posted by Expressflight
There is no excuse whatever for SEN management presiding over this shameful performance. I was assured a week ago that the immediate problems had been dealt with and normal service had been resumed, but that some longer term fixes were needed to make it sustainable in the longer term. Fair enough - if it had happened, which it obviously hasn't. Yes, some people did miss their flights this morning - one IBZ passenger was sent to STN she says. I know the Head of Security left recently so maybe things haven't been going well for a time but they just seem to have got worse.
I used SEN within the past week for an afternoon departure .hardly any pax in the security hall (I'm guessing 50) but took 18 minutes to get through due to over-sensitive security screening. I travel extensively on an almost weekly basis .Never before have I had to repack my liquids bag from my zip up see through 1 litre travel approved bag to a zip lock bag. When I asked why I was told all liquids must be in an airtight bag (why? - to stop the machine smelling the explosives???) . Then shoes off and back through the machine after I was told to keep them on .This the same pair of shoes that happily go through Gatwick and untold other airport scanners without a murmur .Then my bag got pulled for inspection. Why? Apparently a laptop charger and USB cables are cause for concern .Whilst waiving those items aside they did a precautionary check on my sealed liquids bag.

I tried the lounge again after noticing it had expanded into the old bar of yesteryear. My advice - don't! Still as awful as the last time I visited.