PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation jobs T&C, employment/self employment & national laws
Old 30th Apr 2019, 11:21
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@wondering: You hit the spot, if big companies do not have to pay taxes why shall pilots, doctors, carpenters, plumbers etc. pay the tax for politicians who just misuse the money (if they give anyone social benefits it will not be those who actually pay the tax, they rather buy some votes by giving money to everyone also those who never paid anything) no matter what you throw at them. And the benefits you get from being employed in Poland or many other nations do certainly not match the money you will miss in lower salary or tax, its cheaper to buy insurance.

As for playing with globalists, you know actually that today every small business that exist have it much harder to survive against the big companies in the corporationist systems than in a free market capitalism. Because today the states are cooperating with the big companies passing laws (lobbyists) that suit them and are hard to follow for the small ones. The states even the USA actually use tax money collected from the small businesses and employees to bail out the big ones with loans or gifts if they are actually going bankrupt. So the small businesses today pay tax to help the big globalists actually. So in "Manchester capitalism" if it is laissez-fair capitalism actually the small ones would have better chances against the big ones without the state (politicians) helping the big ones. In a laissez-fair capitalism we would probably have already for example an airline owned by pilot investors (owning shares) for example it would take 20 pilots investing 300 000 euro each (loan cover the rest) owning one big aircraft, then going together with other pilots (to have enough to be able to buy enough aircraft to get a proper price for them) and have a pilot owned airline in which pilots fly for themselves. Its also possible with the system today but much harder since the globalist owned ones got the politicians and can get them to make such regulations and pass such laws that the pilot owned airline would not survive. Now we got very far off topic but if the big corporations would do better in a "manchester capitalism" we would have it already today (politicians are mostly in their pockets or so do I believe), but we do not cause then big corporations would have to compete on equal terms with everyone else.

As for LOT its because the stuff is legal in Poland as the law is today. Why on earth would politicians discuss changing a law and then discard it, if the law was already as they wanted to change it into?

@BarryMG: As for being prepared to pay for accidents the best thing is again getting insured (that insurance can be deducted from tax) against it then you can sleep well at night. Other than that I heard a story at the flight school about a LOT captain who punctured a tire during landing and had to stay much longer on the runway. What happened was not LOT wishing him to pay for the tire but Ryan Air to pay for a go around of their aircraft because the LOT one could not vacate the runway as fast. And actually after Ryan Air handed the bill to LOT they handed it to the captain but then "they woke up" and from what I heard the case was solved between LOT and Ryan Air (probably LOT did not want to pay for the go around but I do not know if it ended in court). Either way the captain did not have to pay (the go around did not cost millions so he would actually be able to pay for it also with 3 monthly salaries if he was employed), but I would definitely sleep better being insured. So my solution is insurance.

My point is that no national state not even Norway will ever give you the same benefits for the tax as you can get being insured. And the insurance will be lower than the respective tax. Example in Norway that everyone believe got perfect social security a captain earning 105 000 euro yearly have to pay 36 % tax from half of it and 47 % from the other half of it. So its a lot right? But if he is sick he get just the first 16 days 100 % from the airline, afterwards the state he paid the giant tax to will just give him 50 % sick pay because its limited up to 6G basic sick pay. So no matter how you turn it..... the solution is insurance and not more tax.