PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BT User Survey?
Thread: BT User Survey?
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2019, 11:53
Guest 112233

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrewgr2
Short of clearing cookies, what is the solution to this very irritating problem. There are now several threads I can’t read because every time I visit I get this +survey+ in my case allegedly from EE, my ISP. I’ve followed through to the point where having told me it will divulge my details to 3rd parties it asks for every personal detail bar my inside leg measurement. All to get an Aldi gift voucher probably of no real value at all. From the spelling in the text it seems to be of US origin.
Its not just a US problem. I'm in the UK. It could be a PUA; a potentially unwanted application, running in the browser on your Phone/PC. In the end I reinstalled the offending browser (Firefox ver 60.??). A full anti virus/anti malware check showed nothing abnormal. The problem occurred on both my PC's and an android hand-held. There "Survey's" are a vector for data harvesting (malicious or otherwise). I suggest You install an app that prevents unwanted scripts running in your browser. The downside is of course the monitor web browsing of necessity.

Look at this for Idea's https://www.intego.com/mac-security-blog/topic/puppua/

CAT III

Last edited by Guest 112233; 29th Apr 2019 at 11:55. Reason: IPAD ommission