PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Happy Birthday Australian Airlines
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2003, 20:02
missleadfoot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Hoodooguru,

Thankyou for your comments regarding your flight with Australian Airlines and I hope you have addressed your complaints to the relevant people at AO instead of just getting something off your chest here. I have been in the industry a long time with several airlines and understand customer complaint. You obviously have deeper issues.
Australian Airlines has just celebrated it's 1 year of operations. Name one airline that was perfect from day one? Start up airlines begin with a model which is flexible and to be worked on. Through passenger comments and operational experiences they eventually come up with a great product that works well for both the customer and the company. Australian Airlines has now achieved that.

Now, let me address a few of your issues...

YOU SAID, "Low cost! Rip Off airlines a better name".......

Yes AO is a low cost airline, but not a budget airline. Fares are comparable to other airlines which offer full service. Operational costs are lower, but it is a full service airline offering everything other international airlines do, free bar, free meals, entertainment, pillows, blankets and a full crew to accomodate your needs. AO doesn't have business class whch means they can gain more in revenue by filling that space with more EY seats. They do market themselves as the holiday airline.

YOU SAID, " No entertainment unless you're a giraffe"........

Australian Airlines operates ex Qantas B767-300 A/C. They use the same entertainment systen Qantas does. More screens would certainly be better and the introduction of PVT's would be great. I have to agree with you there.

YOU SAID, "Qantas have to keep painting everything like they give two hoots about Indigineous Australia..........

The livery of Australian Airlines has nothing to do with "Indigineous Australia", where did you get that from? The aircraft are painted in a colour that reflects the outback, and most of Australia. It's the colour of our land. Australian Airlines chose to bring the outback to the world. Australian Airlines is a tourist airline, promoting Australia. I guess they could have gone "Sea Blue" or something similar but the Ochre colour is a colour that reflects Australia very well, it's been around forever and we cant change the colour of our land.
While we are talking about Indigineous, Australian Airlines employs many Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders as cabin crew, from all cities in Australia.

YOU SAID, "The Pilots are dressed like cabbies and the Flight Attendants look like car park attendants.............

Tell me, if you were offered a job, would you base your decision on the uniform? What a stupid comment.

YOU SAID, "Great seat pitch if you're a mini me............

I am a fussy flyer, but have found the seat pitch the same as, or better than other carriers, and it is the same as Qantas. Try CX in EY in seat D, no leg room at all due to the entertainment box!!

YOU SAID, "The only budget side of the operation is staff salaries"........

I cant speak for the pilots but as cabin crew we are on a salary that is the award and the norm for any cabin crew in their first year. Yes I was on a larger salary at Ansett but I earn't that through years of service. We are back on the starting salary now and through time it will increase. You honestly didn't expect us to earn the same money did you?

YOU SAID, "What the hell has happened to Qantas, it now appears to comprise of 6 or 7 separate airlines...........

For your information, Qantas is separated into 4 flying businesses. Qantas (long and short), Qantas Link, Australian Airlines, and the new Low Cost Carrier.

I hope this settles your frustration and good luck with your flying career, I hate attitude like yours.