PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2019, 10:39
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@BarryMG: I do not wish to again get off topic because this is about Wizz Air (but self employment in Eastern Europe is relevant) and I hope readers will forgive writing about LOT + Ryan Air Sun (that is Ryan Air with new name for Poland so you do not get some strange contracts through Ireland or Switzerland). But imagine Ryan Air Sun is to simple up things just like LOT does it, so Wizz Air will also eventually maybe skip Switzerland contracts when they find out they can do it the same way in most of Eastern Europe. And no Ryan Air did not create Ryan Air Sun because they wanted to something that is NOT legal as you imply about what LOT is doing.

Maybe some terms and conditions are not legal and that is what the inspectorate found, BUT the scheme with self employment for a single customer is 100 % legal and that is exactly why the parliament was looking upon the case and SCRAPPED IT because its not only about pilots its about maybe even millions of people working in Poland in all possible jobs (the government could pack their stuff if they did this before the election). Why on earth would the parliament discuss changing something if it was already illegal? The simple answer is that it is legal and professional bookkeeping companies (with lawyers after Polish law) will tell you the same that it IS LEGAL. And Ryan Air Sun is like a proof, why would Ryan Air create another company and do all the stuff to make it work like that if it was not legal?

@2unlimited: I sincerely believe you actually want pilots to get better terms and conditions and not wish to get them salary cuts in order to pay more taxes. So I believe our misunderstandings come from different mentality in the east and west. In the east people rather work more and earn more and its not so easy to get someone sick (statistically as for example in Norway). People have also another approach to spending vs saving money and even when average salary in Poland (in all professions) is lower, people actually own their homes and do have very little debt. Most rather save and invest than spend, and stuff like "consumption debt" almost do not happen. Just check the statistics for EU about debt on houses, flats and total private person debt. I do really not wish to litter Wizz Air topic with off topic answers for non related stuff you write about (like brexit) so maybe we should start a different thread: "Aviation jobs T&C, employment/self employment & national laws" so we can discuss freely without annoying people who do not wish to read the stuff we write?

Last edited by KT1988; 29th Apr 2019 at 10:54.