PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2019, 23:31
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@2unlimited: I am not saying people who wish to be employed instead of being employed as a company should not have such a possibility. They should definitely and also be able to make unions or whatever they desire so long as they do not force everyone on the same scheme. And Wizz Air is actually letting pilots choose by offering possibility to be employed as employee or be employed as a company. Pilots are free to choose. What I am saying all the time is that pilots should be free to CHOOSE whether they wish to be employed as an employee or as a company. Because you do realize that if airlines have to use more money on direct employment they will have less to pay as salary. So it should be up to the pilot to choose what kind of contract he wish and what suits him and his private life and desires in life. Not force everyone into the same scheme no matter what suits them best. Some, actually many people (just imagine how many EU national pilots choose to work outside of EU like for example in Emirates) wish to choose themselves and not have some union, state or politicians choose instead of them. I am definitely for pilots being able to have unions, employment contracts and everything they might wish personally, just skip the part of forcing everyone into the same scheme.

Either way EU commission is not in position to create national laws in member states actually even the EU parliament cannot force a state to adapt anything against its will (all the states must sign before something can be enforced). So once again according to law in UK, France, Germany etc. (I do not know if all those nation got equal labor laws) you are right and the law is probably bent and labor inspectorates can do something with it. But what I am trying to tell you is that neither Wizz Air, Ryan Air or LOT Polish Airlines are bending the Polish laws. Because in Poland the law is NOT the same as in UK or your reference nations. And probably in many other Eastern European nations the laws also differ and then telling people they bend the law and by this talking them into choosing financially worse terms is wrong. People should be aware of different laws in different EU states and its definitely relevant for Wizz Air since Wizz Air actually let pilots choose what kind of contract they prefer (of course it also goes the other way for example that pilots in UK should be aware of UK laws).

PS. For some people part of the joy of being a pilot is that it is NOT normal life with a desk job 8-16. So not everyone wish the same. Some people enjoy getting a overnight in a different base while others think its the worst thing. Why force everyone into one scheme?