PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Ireland SAIL
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2019, 22:56
2unlimited

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ZAV
Don’t think so . Profits made in 2018 however granted
https://www.sasgroup.net/en/wp-conte...nce-190227.pdf

plus a strike costing how much Per day ? Understandably they want a pay rise of course and a share in the profits , but a lot of these profits were made because of SAIL and much lower wage structures and operating costs .So in my view not the best run airline in Europe to the contrary ,
One of the big issues is that SAIL have 5/4 roster, while they are not offering this to mainland SAS, they are more or less on random roster, guaranteed one weekend a month off.

I seem to recall stories of lots of SAIL flights having to be cancelled or replaced by mainland SAS.
I am pretty sure that if the Union gets their way, they will go for the kill of SAIL, as I have very reliable sources on what they Union thinks of SAIL. And considering current circumstances, I can't disagree, and this is nothing personal, it's not the people working for SAIL that's at fault, it's just the structure and unscrupulous actions by SAS management who have created this unwanted airline as a part of SAS.

But I would not be surprised if SAIL could become a casualty of the current war, or at least they will suffer slightly because of this current situation.