PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2019, 09:21
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well since Wizz Air is paying those salaries in nations where you can be employed as a company legally and where the cost of living is much lower then it have to be relevant to this topic. Being able to get employed as a company is a great bonus to the pilot especially in nations like Poland where you can get as low company tax as 9% or 19 % flat with possibility to get value added tax refunds on everything relevant to performing your job. I have not heard about many pilots in Poland who would prefer to pay 32 % tax and not be able to deduct costs from the tax in exchange for..... nothing extra from the state.

Its also relevant that for example in Poland a Wizz Air captain can buy a nice 300 m2 home for like 290 000 Euro, in Scandinavia such a home would cost about 630 000 Euro (Norway). So is it really a joke if a captain earn 45 000 Euro in Wizz Air in Poland and for example a Captain in SAS earn 105 000 Euro but have to pay 36 % tax from over half of it and then 47 % from the rest of it. And then the captain from SAS have to pay over double the price for his house, he have to pay from double to quadruple price for his car depending on the engine he wish if its 2.0 TDI he gets away with double price but if its 6.0 V12 then the price will be quadruple. The if he goes to a shop to buy food he will pay at least double, then if he go for restaurant he will pay at least triple price......

So its definitely relevant to the topic what can the pilot get for his salary in the country of residence given by the airline. Of course Wizz Air could pay more but that is a different story than the fact that it does you little good with a double salary if everything is over double as expensive and the tax is much higher. As for Ryan Air from what I heard some captains can make about 100 000 Euro per year with a base in Poland, while I know for sure some FOs get many months with like 4500 Euro ++ per month and base in Poland that is of course included every bonus etc. I do not know about salaries in Wizz Air but I believe they also get some bonuses and that the 20 000 and 45 000 are base salaries with no bonus. And then it suddenly definitely does not look like a joke taking into account different taxation and prices in Poland.