PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirNav VFR Flight Planner is Closing
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2019, 07:37
Possum1

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks, Jonkster. In the short term, I certainly do intend to scan and print the maps.

Kaz3g, thanks. The ability to lock the screen had not occurred to me as I have never owned an Ipad. I have just had to learn how to operate one on the run while assisting primary school students.

Yes junior.VH-LFA, djpil, a lot of ink is used. I recommend www.inkstation.com.au for very inexpensive ink and very quick delivery. Just don't expect it to stand up too well to UV light.

IA8825, thanks but I have tried one of the pdf files of Airservices' maps. The file is so large that my computer finds it almost unmanageable to manipulate without jerkiness and hanging.

Thanks, Josephfeatherweight, but I do remember the incredible hysteria surrounding the introduction of the Pentium Chip and how absolutely fantastic this was, and that there was nothing faster or ever likely to be. I also remember similar hysteria surrounding the introduction of the Windows 95 operating system and the queues outside shops in order to acquire the multiple floppy disks required to load this incredible new system onto their 386DX computers. Then more queues when Microsoft fixed Windows 95 and introduced Windows 98. I am a bit weary about the re-invention of the wheel and how wonderful this new wheel will be.

I automated my own weight and balance tables and graph 15 years ago by using Microsoft Excel. Now I am expected to give thanks that Ozrunways etc. can give me the same thing - I only have to load the same details that I loaded into my own program 15 years ago! Useful revision, I suppose.