PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2019, 03:43
gtseraf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A321drvr
Hi,

I have many friends from all over the world working and living in Japan, some with family, some commuting. None of them are regretting making the move from their previous jobs in SE Asia, China, Europe, US, ME, etc. In fact I'm seriously considering giving it a second thought myself as well,a I'm not too happy with news coming out of Vietnam and China lately, in addition to having enough of the crap from allover Euroland.

Just my two cents.

Agency does matter though.

drvr
As with any move to any job, there are those who love it, those who hate it and those who tolerate it. The company has experienced consistent attrition throughout most of its history, at some stages worse than others. Right now, the way I see it, attrition rate is higher than average. Anyone planning on working as a contractor in a foreign land should accept the fact that you will be a guest worker in a strange culture, you are not there because it gives the company a warm fuzzy feeling in the stomach, you are there to meet a demand that the company cannot meet from within, for whatever reason. It is very challenging, can be very intimidating and is definitely not ideal for everyone. I would personally not be leaving a secure job to venture into the world of contracting in a foreign land, just my 2 cents worth.