PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2019, 20:58
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@tomuchwork: One of my instructors got a spot at Wizz Air with base in Kutaisi (but an option to later on get a base in Poland) I did not hear that he had to pay any type rating up in front. But maybe they deduct it from salary later on. Of course since the base is in Kutaisi he does not have any possibility to fly as FI other than when being on holiday or some other time off in Poland (I have not actually seen him at the school since he started his type rating so I do not know if Wizz Air do not let their pilots fly as FI or if the flight time as FI counts towards the total 900 hours in airline per year but I believe it does not). What I do know is that there are part time instructors from Ryan Air instructing all over Poland (so it must be legal or else someone would prove otherwise) and definitely there are official part time instructors from LOT and the airline have nothing against it (but as I said I did not hear anyone flew 900 hours at LOT per year).

As for the part why instruct? What about actually enjoying flying, people write like if it was a normal boring job behind a desk and not flying that the pilots do. And this "crazy enough to crawl into a small tin box and doing even more hours then something might be wrong with him" is actually almost insulting many dedicated instructors who actually like to teach people to fly and enjoy flying the smaller aircraft just as much as they enjoy flying in the airline (In Poland there are actually many people who closed their businesses or put someone in their family to run them just to fly and they do not care its much less money than they had from the business, for them its 100 % enjoying the job.). I do not know how it is in the UK or other places, but in Poland I have actually not met an instructor who do not like to fly. Tired after a whole day of instructing of course but not liking to fly.... did not happen. There are jobs behind a desk that give more money, pilotage is also about enjoying flying at least its what I do believe and what I saw my instructors do.... especially the most dedicated instructor.

Last edited by KT1988; 27th Apr 2019 at 21:12.