PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Niugini's subsidiary - LINK PNG
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2019, 12:38
balusnomore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bit of an ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM moment that needs to be addresed I'd say....

So, (for what ever reason?????)....Air Niugini won the Appeal against both Pilot Unions...NAPU and PNG APA and even the pilot Piokole...
THEN NAPU & PNGAPA & Pilot PIOKOLE are judged to have to pay ALL THE LEGAL COSTS OF ANG, AND ALL THE COURT COSTS....not only the cost of the Appeal, but also the cost of the previous court cases that the unions actually won!!!

Someone mentioned that ANG has probably spend one or two Mil on it lawyers, QC's etc etc, so what if NAPU, THE PNG APA AND PIOKLE don't have that sort of money?.

So if the Unions dont have enough money, does that mean ANG goes the pilots that were members of the Unions that took ANG to Court. What about those that left after it started, but before the Court was finished?

And if ANG does go individual pilots , how focused will those pilots be wondering how much they will be hit up for, will any expat Union member even stay in country, and how many National Pilots will give it up and go home.

Freaking can of worms....and when it comes to flying is such an environment such as PNG. Pretty sure I wouldnt want to be a passenger going to the highlands in crap weather with the pilots wondering if the company was going to sue them for outstanding legal costs!!!

Yep, the ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM, needs to be addressed pretty quickly I say.